Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Plan

White Sound, Green Turtle Cay
N 26 46.62 W 077 20.19

The weather is finally changing. Our friends David and Hilde on Raven finally made it here to Green Turtle Cay today about noon. They had been stuck at Great Sale Cay for the past 5 days because of weather. Great Sale is a boring place with nothing to do. They must have been very bored. Tonight, Hilde and Dave are coming over for dinner on Tarwathie so we can catch up.

They made it here just in time though because today we made plans to leave here tomorrow en route back to the USA. We will be in the company of four other boats -- Ariel with Norm and Linda, Eagles Wings with Walt and Pat, Odyssey with Victor and Wendy, and Wind Chaser with Brian and Jan on board.

We'll leave Green Turtle tomorrow with the high tide and sail as far north as we can tomorrow night, then anchor someplace with shelter from NE wind. On Monday, we'll sail the whole way to Great Sale Cay. Tuesday the forecast calls for N at 25 knots, so we'll sit that day out. On Tuesday night, or Wednesday night depending on weather, we'll leave Great Sale and heat over the banks at night. The goal will be to reach the edge of the banks at dawn the next day and continue across the Gulf Stream
to Fort Pierce arriving sometime before sunset. We'll see how those plans hold up.

I'm a little envious of Raven. I just heard that they're heading south from here to reach the Dominican Repuplic by June. We had vague plans for doing that but I abandoned those plans because I never made them concrete enough. First and foremost, we need know where we could spend hurricane season. It needs to be pleasant and affordable. Trinidad sounds good, but I don't know enough about it yet. Suffice it to say, that lack of research prevented those plans from becoming real. I'll work on
that this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here.