Sunday, October 31, 2010

Frustration

Beaufort, SC
32 25.24 N 080 39.69 W

We got the weekly rate for this slip, so we could stay here until Tuesday. At the same time, we would very much prefer to go outside rather than inside from here to Florida. On the outside it is 107 miles. On the inside it is more than 200 miles with strong currents, big tides, and numerous shoals with the risk of running aground. Our bias is not unjustified.

Therefore we've been waiting for a window. It doesn't seem to come. We're running out of patience though. We just decided to leave here at noon. We'll motor against mild winds and waves today and tonight. Tomorrow the winds might swing our way for a while. By Tuesday dawn there's risk of a gale so we'll want to be back in by then. That's our plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here.