My daily routine when visiting Jens house begins with a visit to the Burlington Airport (BTV) just two blocks away. I bring a quart of coffee, and a tablet. I sit in front of the picture windows at BTV while I first browse the daily news, and then spend an hour on an online physics course.
- An unhurried stress free environment. It is the opposite of the harried scenes and long TSA lines seen on TV.
- For travelers, commercial flights arrive and depart about once every 40 minutes.
- No lines for tickets, baggage, security, and food.
- BTV offers stuffed chairs, and sofas for people waiting. Lots of interesting art. A yoga room, a nursing mother room. Most important about 400 feet of picture windows offering the only unobstructed views of The Green Mountains in the area.
- An old control tower turned into an observation deck for aviation enthusiasts.
- Fixed-frame TV monitors offering soothing views of peaceful scenes that move a little but not much.
- Tables, chairs, benches and AC power outlets for people who want to use their computers.
- Rocking chairs positioned in front of the picture windows.
I may be shooting myself in the foot by revealing this open secret, but what the heck.
|Note the rocking chairs|
|If there was a TSA security line, it would be here.|