34 03.03 N 077 55.14 W
I must apologize, it has been much longer than usual since my previous blog post. We have been too busy to post. Here's a summary of what we did.
- We spent two days at Gold Head Beach State Park in central Florida, and we really liked it. That's a lovely spot.
- We drove north, avoiding all major highways, through Florida and Georgia. The bad part about that is that we missed a stop in Fernandina Beach and a chance to visit our friends Charley and Mary. That's unfortunate. Next fall hopefully, Charley.
- We found that all campsites along the coast to be probitively expensive ($50/night for a tent). We also found that most inland sites in GA, have converted to 100% RVs with concrete pads and electric shore power. We finally found Magnolia S;rk gs State park which had 4 of 40 sites reserved for tents.
- We visited cruising friends Penny & Richard from Viking Rose, in Port Royal. They are now CLODS, and they moved in only 2 months ago Their new home and the location are wonderful. Thank you Penny & Richard.
- We spend the night with other cruising friends, Brian and Jan from Wind Chaser. They too had moved into the Beaufort, SC area two months ago. Their house and location too are wonderful. The took us to neaby Wishing Island for a walk on the driftwood beach. It was great fun. Thank you Brian and Jan.
- The next day we drove to Myrtle Beach to spend two nights with still other cruising friends, Bo and Joyce, on Dream Catcher. They took us to Brookgreen gardens (more on that later) Thank you Bo and Joyce.
- Today, we are on our own at Carilina Beach State Park which is one of Libby's favorite places because it has the best pine needles anyplace. Alas, ALARM ALL BLOG READERS, the park staff has systematically destroyed all the dwarf pine trees with the best needles. To me it looks like a program to keep controled burn fires awary from the roads. Outside the park, on the far side of the bike path, there is still a stand of those luscious trees; just not nearly as many as before.
- Tomorrow, we will be with Dave and Cathy in Zebulon. We'll stay there a couple of weeks.
I'll post pictures soon.